Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Improving the View

I set up a second writing desk at home, this one with a view of the green woods. The woods aren’t visible from the desk where I typically write because the window is too high. You might think the change is an obvious decision and long overdue since looking at the woods inspires me, yet it’s taken me six years to make the adjustment. When we moved in, we put everything somewhere just to get the moving van unpacked. And that’s where everything stayed, with us arranging our lives around them.

How many other matters in my life have been organized in the same way, following patterns I set up quickly to simply to get me through today without considering what I’d prefer for the long run. Maybe I can also improve their views.

No comments:

Post a Comment